Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > 2011 Subaru Outback CVT Transmission Rel...
2011 Subaru Outback CVT Transmission Relearn and AWD Switch w/ Maxisys Elite problems

3916 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2017-06-25 04:11:21

•   Level 2   
    (33) points
    JansenTech
    2017-02-17 15:34:50
     I have a 2011 Subaru that needed a solenoid replaced on the valve body. This solenoid is sold with the entire valve body.    I tried completing a relearn with the autel and It continues to say that the function has failed or s unable to complete it.    Is there a fix on the autel for this yet?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-17 16:42:14 (Reply to:JansenTech)

Did you verify the suspect solenoid was really electrically and mechanically  DOA, with a bench test and still not  an unresolved harness concern. Did you verify all prerequisites required for the relearn to take place without the test aborting or failing have been met , like the required  transmission fluid temperature range and no pending codes,etc? 

•   Level 2   
    (33) points
    JansenTech
    2017-02-21 12:34:09 (Reply to:witsend)
    I did verify temp was above 60 deg c before trying the relearn. Have you completed this
    relearn with autel? Initially the solenoid was reading 303 ohms resistance the new
    solenoid reads 3.5ohms, yes I did test the solenoid in and out of the car, the vehicle
    drives great but lamps are still flashing.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-24 22:38:37 (Reply to:JansenTech)

Did you try an auto scan and quick erase of all the modules in the vehicle to see if there are other system codes and possibly resets that may need to be performed like for steering angle sensor and yaw sensor if equipped with VSC and traction control, or even tire size may need to be entered ?

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    torqueshift

2017-06-23 04:38:26

Any luck on carrying out relearn procedure?

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-25 04:11:21 (Reply to:JansenTech)

there has to be a trouble code still stored in memory for that light to keep coming on or flashing. try a hard reset by disconnecting both battery terminals and touch them together, that should clear caps and reset codes. recheck for any pending codes, a relearn is not possible with a pending code. if the vehicle drives fine and shifts through all the gears with no trouble codes, I will suspect a bad tcm. usually a bad solenoid either shuts down the driver in the tcm or fries it. a relearn can also be perform by driving the vehicle for a few miles.
  Total1 Pages